Don’t throw out your Christmas tree!
Please don’t throw out your Christmas tree. It has much use yet! Even if it looks sad, tired, and well worn there are many things you can do with your Christmas tree besides sending it to the curb.
Here are 5 things you can do with your Christmas tree instead of throwing it out:
- Leave your tree in its stand. Place out in the garden. The birds will l
ikely use it as a hiding place.
- If the needles are still on the branches, cut the branches off and place on icy walkways. EXCELLENT pet friendly traction.
- Chip it for your garden bed. Pine often repels unwanted pests and smells so good!
- Slice into one inch pieces and use as coasters, hot plates on your dining table. Be careful of the sap!
- If boughs are still healthy, cut from trunk and place in vases around the house. Pine is thought to clean the air and can lift up gloomy spirits in dark winter days.
Things to Help Rid You of Your Tree
- Pine needle safe gloves for carrying your tree.
- Shop for a sturdy shop vacuum for those pesky needles.
- Contribute to quality soil in your garden with your own chipper/mulcher.