We all feel a little overwhelmed at times. Work, friends, family, and personal projects can pile up fast. Looking at the large picture can seem unbearably complicated, leaving us stressed out, and lacking motivation.
By simplifying large projects into mini-steps they become less complicated. An intense project can be broken up into many mini-10 minute tasks.
Simple steps to complete major responsibilities can organize us better, build self confidence, and create satisfaction! Below are some ways you can start this practice right now. Lets get started!
TIPS TO OVERCOMING LARGE TASKS RIGHT NOW
- Make A List Of All Tasks That Are Weighing On Your Shoulders.
- Categorize Them: Work, School, Cleaning, Home Maintenance, Automobile Related, Hobby, etc.
- For each task that has a deadline label it so.
- For each task list ALL of the mini-steps you can think of to get it completed. For example, what steps are needed to produce the final result?
- Label each of the mini-steps according to what can be completed right now, sometime today, tomorrow, next week, next month etc.
- Choose one mini-step from two categories you don’t like doing but are able to do today.
- Choose one or more mini-steps from a category that you don’t mind doing today.
- Choose one or more mini-steps from a category that you enjoy doing, such as Hobby, Vacation Goal, Family Time
- Write them on a small list and do and begin on the mini-steps you can do right now.
A little work, a little play, all adds up to a very nice day!
Give yourself a pat on the back, because you got some things done. Let what needs to be done tomorrow, be worried about tomorrow. If today’s mini-steps lasted longer than you thought or were a bit more overwhelming than predicted, give yourself a bonus Hobby or Fun Time task. If there is nothing you can do about a task today…let it be. No harm.