Dish soap is dish soap, right? Wrong. Its good to be choosy. Different soaps contain different products, dyes, and scents. Some are made for specific purposes and types of machines, others are strong and should not be used around children.
With an ever widening assortment of dish soaps, it is important to find one that suits your needs. There are many to choose from.
Its good to ask yourself some questions:
- Do you need soap to wash by hand or machine?
- Does your soap contain ingredients you may be allergic to?
- Is it eco-friendly?
- Is it affordable?
- What about making your own dish soap?
- Scented or unscented?
- Are you prone to dry skin?
Some Popular Trustworthy Favorites:
Dawn Hand Renewal
Mrs Meyer’s Clean Day Dish Soap in Bluebell
Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent Packs
Palmolive Eco Gel Dishwasher Detergent
It’s cold outside and many depend on a furnace to keep them cozy indoors. Turn up the thermostat and on comes the heat filling your home with warm relief. But, even when its running smoothly, it is good to run check ups on your furnace routinely. Continue reading “REMINDER | Furnace Filter Check”
“Even the mundane task of washing dishes by hand is an example of the small tasks and personal activities that once filled people’s daily lives with a sense of achievement.”
~B. F. Skinner
Of course an automatic dishwasher has the benefit of time consumption, but have you thought about the benefits of washing them yourself by hand?
Here is Why You Might Want To:
- The act itself has been found to actually reduce stress and calm you.
- Practicing “mindfulness” while doing the chore, actually focuses your concentration and lets distracting thoughts simply pass through your brain and away again. This may help reduce anxiety and depression.
- You save room in your kitchen where your automatic dishwasher would have gone.
- You can invite a household member to dry as you wash…Great way to catch up at the end of a long day.
- It’s hard to find automatic dishwasher detergents without phosphates in them, which can be harmful to the environment.
- Consider the ecological impact of the manufacturing of your dishwasher, and what happens to it when it breaks down and is no longer fixable.
- Keeping your hands active in the warmth of the water may help reduce arthritis pain and irritation. Keeping your hands active overall will help reduce your chances of inflammation related hand disease later in life.
- Doing daily chores yourself helps establish a sense of duty in your home, commitment, and purpose.
I’m lazy. There is no other word for it, except the fancy word procrastination, which I just had to look up by the way. I also am a terrible speller. There are MANY books out there with at least 100 pages about how to stay organized or get organized. I bought them so I know, but I haven’t read most of them I am also a scanner. I see 100 pages and think, “I need some help NOW!”, not in 100 pages. So, if you’re like me and need instant simple decluttering know-how here are 5 things you can do right now, without reading an entire book. Continue reading “5 Things To Keep You Organized Starting Today!”
Don’t throw out your Christmas tree!
Please don’t throw out your Christmas tree. It has much use yet! Even if it looks sad, tired, and well worn there are many things you can do with your Christmas tree besides sending it to the curb.
Here are 5 things you can do with your Christmas tree instead of throwing it out:
Continue reading “BE GREEN | 5 Uses For Your Old Christmas Tree”
First thing is first. Why should you have a clean house? Yes, a clean house looks nice to many, but what are some other important benefits? Here are some other reasons to keep a tidy estate.
“Clutter is a symptom of disorder.”
5 Benefits of Housekeeping:
- Keeping a house clutter free actually helps your brain organize more effectively.
- Cleaning is a first step to preventative maintenance of your home.
- Taking care of the things we own shows ourselves respect and gratitude.
- Some studies report that children in a clean house perform better in school.
- A clean house can prevent symptoms of allergies and illness.